Your Privacy is important to us and so being transparent about how we collect, use and share information about you.
We need to collect, use and disclose personal information in order to perform our business functions and activities, including making and managing travel bookings on behalf of our customers. We are firmly committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information and to maintaining various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information in our care. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and take this very seriously.
By providing personal information to Omega Business Travel, you agree that this Privacy Notice will apply to how we handle your personal information and you consent to us collecting, using and disclosing your personal information as detailed in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with any part of this Privacy Notice, you must not provide your personal information to us. If you do not provide us with your personal information, or if you withdraw a consent that you have given under this Privacy Notice, this may affect our ability to provide services to you or negatively impact the services we can provide to you.
Table of Contents
- What information do we collect?
- How do we collect personal information?
- How do we use your personal information?
- How long do we hold your data?
- How we protect your information
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
1. What information do we collect?
The type of personal information we collect about you is the information that is needed to facilitate your travel arrangements and bookings and to arrange travel related services and/or products on your behalf.
We therefore typically process the following types of personal information about you:
- contact information (such as name, residential/mailing address, telephone number, email address);
- payment account information (credit/debit card details, including card type, card number, security number and expiry date);
- passport details;
- loyalty program / frequent flyer details;
- information about your dietary requirements and health issues (if any); and other details relevant to your travel arrangements or required by the relevant travel service provider(s) (e.g. airlines and accommodation or tour providers).
2. How do we collect personal information?
We will only collect personal information in compliance with GDPR regulations. We usually collect your personal information from the information you submit during the course of your relationship with us. We will collect this information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
Generally, this collection will occur:
- when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, email;
- when you visit any of our website; or
- when you connect with us via social media.
We may collect personal information about you:
- when you purchase or make enquiries about travel arrangements or other products and services;
- when you subscribe to receive marketing from us (e.g. e-newsletters);
- when you provide information, or use our services, on social media.
In some circumstances, it may be necessary for us to collect personal information about you from a third party. This includes where a person makes a travel booking on your behalf which includes travel arrangements to be used by you (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for you by your employer). Where this occurs, we will rely on the authority of the person making the travel booking to act on behalf of any other traveler on the booking.
Where you make a travel booking on behalf of another person (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for an employee), you agree you have obtained the consent of the other person for Omega Business Travelto collect, use and disclose the other person’s personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and that you have otherwise made the other person aware of this Privacy Notice.
You should let us know immediately if you become aware that your personal information has been provided to us by another person without your consent or if you did not obtain consent before providing another person’s personal information to us.
We make every effort to maintain the accuracy and completeness of your personal information which we store and to ensure all your personal information is up to date. However, you can assist us with this considerably by promptly contacting us if there are any changes to your personal information or if you become aware that we have inaccurate personal information relating to you. We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal information that you, or a person acting on your behalf, provide to us.
3. How do we use your personal information?
Where you contact us in relation to a travel booking or query, the purpose for which we collect your personal information is generally to provide you with travel advice and/or to assist you with booking travel and/or travel related products and services.
We will only process your information, where:
- you have given your consent to such processing (which you may withdraw at any time);
- the processing is necessary to provide our services to you;
- the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations; and/or
- the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
By disclosing your personal information to us in person, on our website(s), by email, by post or over the telephone, you consent to the collection, storage, processing and other use of your personal information by us in the manner set out in this Privacy Notice. Some information and emails sent to us may be used as testimonials or case studies but no email address or contact details will be displayed.
When you book or otherwise arrange travel related products and services through us, we usually act as an agent for the relevant travel service providers (e.g. for a hotel). In this case, we process your personal information as necessary to provide the services you requested from us. This usually includes collecting personal information about you both for our internal purposes as described in this Privacy Notice and for the travel service provider for whom we act as agent (e.g. to provide you with the booked services). For example, if you book a flight through us, then we use your personal information to enable your flight to be booked and disclose it to the airline to enable the airline to provide the flight service to you.
As a travel company we may send your details outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Due to the global nature of the infrastructure of the internet please be aware that controls on data protection outside the EEA may not be as strict as in the UK.
4. How long do we hold your data?
We will keep personal information only for as long as is required to continue to fulfil the services requested by our Clients. If you do not wish us to continue holding your data, please contact us by email or in writing at the details set out in the contact us sectionbelow requesting your personal information to be deleted.
The personal information you provide us with will only be used in the administration of the products and services you have requested from us and your details will not be added to any marketing lists unless you have given us clear consent to do so.
Your information will be held for our internal use to allow us to improve the services and products we offer, your customer experience, and to enable us to comply with our contractual obligations. If you telephone us, calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
Your rights in relation to the personal information we collect.
You can request a copy of your informationby contacting us by email or in writing at the details set out in the contact us sectionbelow if you wish to:
- Update, modify, delete or obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold on you; or
- Restrict or stop us from using any of the personal information which we hold on you, including by withdrawing any consent you have previously given to the processing of such information
We will confirm by return receipt of this request and advise the time frame for responding to you.
Please note that, if you request that we restrict or stop using personal information we hold on you or withdraw a consent you have previously given to the processing of such information, this may affect our ability to provide services to you or negatively impact the services we can provide to you. For example, most travel bookings must be made under the traveler’s full name and must include contact details and appropriate identification (e.g. passport details). We cannot make bookings for you without that information.
You must always provide accurate information and you agree to update it whenever necessary. You also agree that, in the absence of any update, we can assume that the information submitted to us is correct, unless we subsequently become aware that it is not correct.
In any of the situations listed above, we may request that you prove your identity by providing us with a copy of a valid means of identification for us to comply with our security obligations and to prevent unauthorised disclosure of personal information.
6. How we protect your information
We do not and will not sell, rent out or trade your personal information. We will only disclose your personal information to third parties in the ways set out in Section 3 of this Privacy Notice and in accordance with UK data protection laws. Note that, in this Privacy Notice, where we say “disclose”, this includes to transfer, share (including verbally and in writing), send, or otherwise make available or accessible your personal information to another person or entity. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and take this very seriously.
We sometimes use GDPR compliant software to help us with tasks and therefore need to process your data via their servers for processes such as bookings and send marketing emails. We disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver and not to use it for their own direct marketing.
7. Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
If you have any enquiries, comments or complaints about this Privacy Notice or our handling of your personal information, or wish to inform us of a change or correction to your personal information, would like a copy of the information we collect on you or would like to raise a complaint or comment, please contactus using the details below:
Omega Business Travel
1 Berry lane
Tel: 01932 254477
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 2ndMay 2018.